We’re Hiring! Specialty Coffee Job in Madison-May 2023
May 25, 2023
Production Team Member
We have an opening for enthusiastic candidates looking for a specialty coffee job in Madison, WI. The production team member works with our production and sensory teams to deliver amazing coffees to our customers. This detail-orientated, hard-working and positive team member ensures the great coffees we source see their full potential all along the supply chain from sourcing to roasting to delivery. This is a great opportunity for the right applicant to expand their industry knowledge and learn the operations of a coffee roastery known nationwide for quality-driven, sustainable coffees. Your job responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): coffee production-including labeling, packaging, and packing; internet order fulfillment; general warehouse cleaning/maintenance; delivery; customer service; and office support.
- Accurately and efficiently learn to pack, label, and heat-seal coffee bags.
- Accurately process a large volume of internet orders.
- Work with our sensory team to cup new and existing coffees.
- Complete general warehouse cleaning duties.
- Deliver coffee within the Madison area.
- Provide customer service support.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Specialty Coffee experience preferred. You are familiar with the specialty coffee industry and passionate about learning more. (Will train the right individual.)
- You are self-motivated, detail-orientated, hard-working with an exceptional work ethic.
- Team player. Must have ability to identify tasks to complete and willingness to contribute what is needed for the team. Must be positive and energetic.
- Passionate about all things coffee. You are familiar with manual brewing, espresso extraction and tasting coffee and passionate about learning more.
- Demonstrates winning social customer service techniques including patience, empathy, advocacy, conflict resolution, general likability, and engagement skills.
- Able to lift 80lbs-100lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable driving a cargo van.
Position is part-time Monday-Wednesday 8:30 to 4:30 and Thursday 7:30-1230. Potential for growth into full-time depending on candidate.
$16-$18/hr DOE, free coffee to each employee, free t-shirts/merch, paid time off
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you are interested in the job and pass along your resume/qualifications.
About JBC Coffee Roasters:
Unparalleled quality, a human story, and sustainability – that’s our coffee philosophy.
- Unparalleled quality. We won’t buy a coffee unless we know that it will inspire you.
- A human story. Often times a producer’s story gets lost in the coffee supply chain. It’s our focus to provide a seed to cup experience, honoring everyone involved.
- Sustainability. We purchase sustainable coffees directly from producers and through brokers who share our goal of making coffee a sustainable commodity. Financially and environmentally, the coffees we purchase seek balance.